To join, you pay the following:
- $25 one-time joining fee (all of it goes to the BSA)
- $96/year for membership (all of it goes to the Silicon Valley Monterey Bay Council)
- $150/year activity fee (stays within the Pack and used for awards, supplies, facility reservations, etc). The activity fee allows us to avoid fundraising — you don’t need to sell anything.
The one-time joining fee and the yearly membership are paid on the BSA website. You will receive an invoice for the activity fee from the Pack after you join and it can be paid online or in person.
Cub Scout uniforms serve a dual purpose, demonstrating that a Scout is part of a team and showing individual achievement (Scouts wear the badges they’ve earned). Wearing the uniform to meetings and activities also encourages a neat appearance, and good behavior. Scouts are expected to wear their uniforms to all meetings.
There are 3 uniforms used in Cub Scouts, based on grade level:
- The Lion (kindergarten) uniform is a t-shirt.
- Tiger (1st grade), Wolf (2nd grade), and Bears (3rd grade) uniforms are blue.
- The Webelos and Arrow of Light uniforms are tan.
Uniforms are sold by the Scout Shop and costs vary depending on size and style. If possible, we recommend you go to the South Bay Scout Shop so you can see and try on the uniforms in person for the best fit.
Our Pack tries to maintain a uniform bank with gently used uniforms available for free.
Handbooks are also sold by the Scout Shop (online and physical stores) and vary in cost. Handbooks are used in the den meetings and are also useful for doing activities at home.
Our Pack also tries to keep some used handbooks available for free.